As a holistic approach for any kind of organization to implement and practice Total Quality Management, the threshold is awareness, understanding, implementing and sustaining the fundamentals of work place management i.e. Five-S concept and its practice throughout the organization. It continuously enhances productivity, safety and healthy environment with total employee involvement.
QCFI, Vadodara Chapter, is engaged in promotion and propagation of Quality Concepts integrated with TQM, including Five-S. For last few years, it has been organizing a competitive approach to motivate its member organizations to conscientiously view the level of effective outcome of the implementation and scope for further improvements.
We have pleasure in informing you that this year also QCFI-Vadodara is organizing 8TH Five S competition (Workplace Management) for its member organizations. As you are all aware Five ‘S’ is the first step for journey towards Total Quality Management. It is our endeavour to popularize the concept in industries through this competition. We appeal to all the Industries to participate in the competition wholeheartedly. It is an opportunity to involve the work force in a cause that will channelize the energy in improving performance of the organization.
We seek participation and co-operation of all the members for successful conduct of the competition.
1. WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
All Institutional Member organizations can participate in this competition. Non-institutional member organizations can also participate by becoming member of QCFI.
2. AREA TO BE COVERED FOR AUDIT:
Area for audit may be decided by the participating organization. However, total area of the organization may be included if so desired by the participating organisation.
3. WHO WILL CARRY OUT AUDIT AND HOW?
Audit will be carried out at site by using the criteria which are being circulated in detailed letter. The results will be binding to the members.
4. EVALUATION CRITERIA: (Detailed Criteria attached herewith)
|GENERAL -20 Marks
||SEIRI- 20 Marks
||SEITON- 20 Marks
|SEISO- 20 Marks
||SEIKETSU- 20 Marks
5. FEE STRUCTURE:
|Class II Catagory
||Rs.10,000/- + 18% GST
||MSME units, scientific and public utility organisation having strength up to 500 employees (including contractual employees)
||Rs.15,000/- + 18% GST
||Organisations (Units) having strength from 501 to 2000 employees.
||Rs.20,000/- + 18% GST
||Organisations (Units) having strength from 2001 to 5000 employees.
||Rs.25,000/- + 18% GST
||Organisations (Units) having strength from 5001 and above.
Payment of the fee should be made by Local Cheque or (Crossed and A/C Payee) favouring “Quality Circle Forum of India, Vadodara”, payable at Vadodara. Alternatively online e-payment may be made for which details are given below:
Name of Bank: BANK OF BARODA
Bank Account No. : 01940100030249
IFSC!TRGS Code: BARBOMAJALP (Fifth Character is Zero)
MICR Code: 390012033
Cost of travel and stay of Judges for their visit for audit will be borne by the respective organization.
6 COMPETITION DATES:
|Last date for Registration
||15st May 2018
|Evaluation by Judges
||01st June to 30th June 2018
|Declaration of Results
||10th July 2018
|Award Distribution proposed in HR Conclave in the month of July 2018.
Please contact us for registration.
CRITERIA FOR 8th FIVE-S COMPETITION (MAXIMUM MARKS 120)
- Team details (Name of leader / members)
- Minutes of meeting for Five –S implementation
- Action plan and members responsibilities
- Photos taken before and after
- Layout of plant with zone / sub zones classification
- Training an awareness of five-s (Record of attendance)
- Wanted and unwanted items with value
- Seiri museum with target date for final disposal
- Benefits accrued (Tangible/ In-Tangible)
- Place for everything and everything in its place
- Office file, indexing
- Equipment labeling / location, identification
- Display boards
- Storage system for materials
- Cleaning of equipment
- Cleaning of floor, Ceiling, Walls etc.
- Check list / schedule of cleaning
- Check Sheets
- Inspection /Problem records
- Benefits accrued (Tangible/ In-Tangible)
- Five-S documentation (SOP), Standard of formats
- Internal audit schedules and compliance reports of audit points
- Visual managements in functional / operational area
- Use of poster caution board related to safety and Five-S
- Adherence to system
- Implementation of internal audit
- Following of checklist
- Placement of Equipment / accessories at designated area
- AWARD MARKS
- BEST OUT OF BEST – 115 to 120 Marks
- GOLD – 101 TO 114 Marks
- SILVER – 80 to 100 Marks
- BRONZE – 60 to 79 Marks
For QCFI, Vadodara Chapter